How do I access the touchscreen with my iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus?
AssistiveTouch is the home button workaround and it allows you to access your home screen and other gestures without using the home button and also works for previous generation iPhones that updated to iOS10.
How to turn on AssistiveTouch
- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > AssistiveTouch, then turn on AssistiveTouch.
- When you turn on AssistiveTouch, you’ll see the AssistiveTouch Circle on your screen (you can drag the AssistiveTouch Circle to any edge of the screen, then tap the Circle to open AssistiveTouch Menu).
- Once AssistiveTouch is turned on you will need to push the side power button to turn on the screen, when used inside an Armpocket.
- Once power button is pushed you’ll see the AssistiveTouch ( the circle appears), Tap on the circle.
- After tapping the circle icon, AssistiveTouch menu comes up, tap on the home icon, and the passcode screen will come up to unlock your phone.
- Go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode (On devices without Touch ID, go to Settings > Passcode).
- Turn Passcode Off: Tap this option to turn off your passcode